Link - Urbex Photography by Natje

Hi guys,

No, I don't have a review for you today! ;)

Besides blogging, I've been into photography for a while now too. My daughters are so beautiful, they're the perfect models, but I do prefer some more action once and a while, and that's the reason why I decided to throw myself into the mysterious world of urbex photography! ;)


Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex or UE) is the exploration of man-made structures, usually abandoned ruins or not usually seen components of the man-made environment. Photography and historical interest / documentation are heavily featured in the hobby and, although it may sometimes involve trespassing onto private property, this is not always the case. Urban exploration is also commonly referred to as infiltration, although some people consider infiltration to be more closely associated with the exploration of active or inhabited sites. It may also be referred to as draining (when exploring drains),urban spelunkingurban rock climbingurban caving, or building hackingSource: WIKIPEDIA




When my boyfriend got me a DSLR camera for my birthday last year, I was thrilled! He bought me a Canon Eos 1200D, which is the perfect camera for beginners. Because of it's compact model and it's little weight, it's the perfect camera for the tiny hands of little women like myself! ;)

Urban exploration, or urbex, is a part of the photography world that isn't quite as innocent and legal as shooting flowers, for example. Entering abandoned buildings often is dangerous and illegal, keep that in mind!

Anyway, I've been urbexing for over a year now and I still love it. My first trip was to an abandoned prison in France, very impressive! Some of the buildings are totally empty but sometimes you stumble upon a little house that still is packed with furniture and stuff. It's like the owners or residents just got up and left! Makes you wonder why the house is abandoned after all. It's so sad sometimes...

Take a look:




Farm 1881

The names of these houses aren't their real names, by the way, these are urbex names, given by the explorers who discovered them. This way, the buildings are protected against vandalism, copper thiefs and criminals of all kinds.

What about these coffins, lying on the floor in a burned warehouse, where they used to make wooden furniture and, well, coffins, obviously:


Lost Coffins

Or this gorgeous old wellness center / bath house where the rich and famous used to come to pamper themselves.



Besides urbex photography, I also enjoy taking photographs of flowers and landscapes or to work with models (which, in my case, mostly are my beautiful daughters! ;) )


Street photography in Belgium


Flowers

Of course there's plenty more pictures (urbex, nature, street and models) on my photography website Urbex By Nathalie, so go and take a look! ;) Oh, and while you're there, subscribe if you like them, because there's much more to come! ;)

Asking for locations isn't considered polite or nice in the urbex world and isn't encouraged either, real urbexers don't share their locations, nor do they break into doors or windows (we only enter when we find a door or window that's already open), move anything around or take anything or leave garbage lying around. Our motto is: "Take nothing but pictures leave nothing but footprints"

Please do not ask me for any locations or coordinates! Thanks!

What do you think about urban exploration? Do you photograph as well?

Thanks for reading!
Natje

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten